Is it possible to apply css style to annotations?

Is it possible to apply css style to annotations?

I want to make it visible to viewers in a variety of styles rather than drawing directly on canvas.
If possible, I would like to know how.

Hey there,

PDF.js Express draws most its annotations on a canvas, so styling with CSS is not possible at the moment.

However, you can override how these annotations are drawn on the canvas by overriding the default ‘draw’ functions on the annotation. See our custom annotations guide for more details.

Let me know if there are any more questions!
Thanks,
Logan

Hello Logan,

I am trying to use pdf.js express to customize UI for pdf editing.
However, it seems like it is using pdftron codes.
I would like to know if pdf.js express license would allow me to use pdftron codes for customization.
Also I am getting watermark “PDFTRON” for all pdfs.
I would like to know if I buy pdf.js express license, the watermark will not be displayed.

Please let me know.
Thank you,

Jungsoo Yang

Hi,

Yes, PDFTron and Express share the exact same UI, so you can freely use the PDFTron UI with the Express.

The PDFTron watermark only shows up if you are using PDFTron code. Can you make sure you have installed the proper dependancy? If you have previously installed @pdftron/webviewer, trying deleting your node modules and reinstalling.

Thanks!
Logan

Thanks for the information.
We have upgrade to latest version of @pdftron/webviewer.
However, now we see differernt watermark. Watermark text is “pdfjs.express”.
Is this removed when license is applied?

Hi,

I want to make it clear that @pdftron/webviewer and @pdftron/pdfjs-express are different packages. We do not support @pdftron/webviewer on this forum, and you will have to contact PDFTron support for any further support regarding @pdftron/webviewer

If you are using @pdftron/pdfjs-express, you will see the PDF.js Express watermark, if you are using @pdftron/webviewer, you will see the PDFTron watermark.

When switching back and forth between packages, please make sure you are deleting node modules and any other files related to the old package.

Thanks,
Logan

Hello Logan,
Let me clarify the package that we are using.
We have switched to @pdftron/pdfjs-express 7.0.1.
Now we are seeing pdf.js express watermark.
I would like to know if the watermark will go away if license is applied.
We do not want to display watermark to the actual users.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jungsoo

Hi!

Yes, when you purchase and apply a PDF.js Express license, the watermark will go away.

Thank you,
Logan