Adding custom information on shapes and custom items

Detailed description of issue
{Hello,

1. I’m intrested to know if it’s possible to add custom information on shapes like lines. Basically we are drawing a line and we need to attach some custom informations.

2. Also we have some items in database and an item has the next properties: id, name, code, description, type, image/ color, otherProperties. We want to draw on the pdf using this items. The item type can be for example, line or a stamp. If it’s line we need to draw a line shape using the properties of the item (in otherProperties for ex we have color). If it’s type stamp we need to use this item as a stamp using the item properties.}

Hey there!

Yes both of these scenerios is possible. Each annotation is just a JS class, so you can assign any properties you like to it. If you need to serialize that data into XFDF, its a bit more involved but definitely possible - let me know if you need help doing this.

For drawing annotations from data in a database, here is a couple resources to get you started.

Basically you just need to load your data from your database, create a the corresponding annotation class, and set its properties based on your database data.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Logan