Annotations not getting exported

PDF.js Express Plus

Detailed description of issue
Hello, I am still using the trial version of the PDF.js Express Plus. By trial I mean I am using the tool without any license/ trial key. As a small and upcoming startup we had written an email to sales of PDF.js hoping we could get an additional discount over the annual fees. While waiting for a reply from your sales team, we are incrementally integrating the tool into our application but it seems like the annotationManager.exportAnnotations() has stopped exporting any newly added annotations.

Is there a preset condition for unregistered tools to stop working after a period? If yes, can I request an extension until the sales reply?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting pdf.js express forums,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you are getting when calling exportAnnotations? Are you getting any other errors?

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

2024-01-17_17-08-34.zip (3.8 MB)

As shown in the attached video, I am using an external HTML popup to update the annotation comments/ contents instead of using the default comments panel. All this has been working before but then suddenly on exportAnnotations() the annotations stopped getting exported.

Hi there,

I can see that in your attached video, there is an XFDF string that was generated right before the debugger line. Could you please share that?
Could you please also share any error message in the console during the export?

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xfdf
	xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/xfdf/" xml:space="preserve">
	<pdf-info
		xmlns="http://www.pdftron.com/pdfinfo" version="2" import-version="4" />
		<fields />
		<annots />
		<pages>
			<defmtx matrix="1,0,0,-1,0,841.92" />
			<pgmtx matrix="1,0,0,-1,0,595.2" page="20" />
			<pgmtx matrix="1,0,0,-1,0,595.2" page="21" />
			<pgmtx matrix="1,0,0,-1,0,612" page="22" />
		</pages>
	</xfdf>

Above is the XML and there is no error message on the console

Also attached images of the warning

Hi there,

Thank you for the response,

Can you try calling exportAnnotations in the console and see if the XFDF contains the annotation there?

Could you share a minimal runnable sample project for us to reproduce?

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Hello,
Extracting a part of the code is a task in itself. Could it be possible to arrange for a call where someone or yourself can look over the code?

Hi there,

Sure, I can quickly look over the code, could you please share your availability (with EST working hours preferred) and email and I will send you an invite.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Hi.
Can we do 10:00 AM EST (8:30 IST)?

Email: info@retrotech.ae