Handeling test selection programatically (caret manipulation)

PDF.js Express Version
“6.3.3” Evaluation

Detailed description of issue
I am trying to work with text selection on pdf’s and I want to see if pdf.js express is a good fit for my project. To be more exact, I am trying to set a selection on a texteditor (either input or an annotation) to select a specific word, replace it and/or move the selection to a new word.

For the input[type=text] part I tried to get the html by using

this.instance.docViewer.on('documentLoaded', () => {
        this.instance.docViewer.getAnnotationsLoadedPromise().then(() => {
                // setTimeout here
                this.instance.annotManager
                        .getFieldManager()
                        .forEachField((fields) => {
                                fields.widgets.forEach((field) => {
                                        if (field.element.type === 'input') {

but I found that some times it comes back as null, other times it comes back as the div that encloses the input, etc. Adding a setTimeout seems to fix this and it’s a bit more reliable, but I wanted to ask here if there is a proper way to achieve this.

In short I need to get access to the html input element (or textarea) so I can manipulate the selections with getSelection() and ranges.

Another issue that I couldn’t get around is how do I get access to the texteditor in the textTool annotation tool?

Any support would be apreciated.

Hi there!

Instead of documentLoaded, try using the annotationsLoaded event. This will be fired after all the inputs are loaded.

Regarding your second question, I’m not to sure what you mean. Can you give a bit more detail about what you mean here?

Thanks!
Logan