Access to PDF.js viewer when your servers are unavailable

Which product are you using?

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
We are exploring the possibility of using the PDF.js express viewer in our app.
Is there way to confirm the license without sending request to the PDF.js Server? What if your server be unavailable? (viewer will not work? - I saw this diagram - Commercial licence activation - #5 by Logan)

And the next one, did the license allow to view pdf files in a commercial app?

Expected behaviour
To provide access to users we want to use pdf.js express viewer without checking license on server another than ours.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
every document

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Happy new year! Sorry for the long delay, the team was all away for the holidays.

PDF.js Express requires that the license key is validated on our server. If the key cannot be validated for any reason, then the document will still work but it will be watermarked even if you have a valid key.

If you need a product that does not “phone home” for license key validation, our sister product PDFTron WebViewer does not phone home - you can check that out if you want. It has the exact same API as Express so you just need to swap dependencies.

We are also going to be releasing an OEM version of PDF.js Express very soon that will not phone home either. If you are interested in that, I can let you know when it’s ready.

Thanks!
Logan

Thank for your reply and best wishes for the new year!

When can we expect the OEM version? Is it about 1-2-3 months or later?
Let me know please.

Hey!

The OEM version will be ready this month - when it is available I will let you know!

1 Like

Hi Logan, has anything changed in this issue?

1 Like