I want to directly work with my database or websocket for real-time annotation among all connections instead of default database- firebase, this is feasible? if yes, any guide on this?
Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot
While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:Guides:
- Real-time collaboration client
- Import and export annotations using a database
- Annotation samples for PDF.js Express
- CoreControls.BlackBoxAnnotationManager - preloadAnnotations(An)
- Annotations.WidgetAnnotation - setRect(rect)
- Annotations - setCustomDeserializeHandler(annotationClass, deserializeHandler)
Yes, this is definitely possible. We have made collaboration systems using all types of databases.
You can follow the same concepts as the firebase example except just use our own database. We have a sample using SQLite here. Note that this sample is using PDFTron WebViewer, but all the concepts and code still apply to PDF.js Express.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance,
Great, thanks for prompt feedback. We will further check sample code and verify it.