Can't select text in PDF

Hi

We have a PDF in the webviewer which has some pages with text we cannot select.

I have one of these pages here:
Page 600.pdf (42.3 KB)

In Apple Preview, Acrobat Pro and Firefox I can select the text correctly.

We are using pdfjs.express pro v8.3.0, but I also tested on your Demo page and the problem is the same.

Can you please advise if there is something we can do to make the text selectable?

thanks!

Hello mparker,

Can you please attach the file directly to this forum post?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Any update Tyler? I uploaded the document to my post directly.

Hello mparker,

Thank you for attaching the file, I was able to reproduce this. Since PDFJS Express uses PDFJS in the backend for text parsing, this seems to be an issue with PDFJS. I have added this to our backlog to be looked into.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hello Tyler

We did not believe it was a problem with pdf.js as we have tested this in Firefox (with pdf.js) and were able to select the text on this PDF. We can run further tests if that is helpful.

We do note, this is a landscape orientation with tables, so perhaps related to recent bug reports with the same format.

thanks
Michelle

Hello bmansw,

We have not received any other bug reports regarding this issue, do you have any other documents that are having this issue?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

Hi Tyler

Yes, we have multiple documents from the same publisher, with multiple pages per document.

I have just uploaded one for your analysis, but I can provide more off-forum if you let me know where.

Regards

Michelle

Hello mparker,

Confirming with my team, text selection is based in the PDFJS library, also noted in this forum post: PDFJSExpress vs PDFTron highlighting problem - #11 by Logan

“As mentioned, text selection is a function of the PDF.js Core library, which we do not support.”

Unfortunately we cannot fix every text selection issue in the PDFJS library, but we will add this to our backlog to look into

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron