{
“UI version”: “8.4.1”,
“Core version”: “8.4.0”,
“Build”: “NC8xMi8yMDIyfGI0OTc1YjFjZA==”,
“WebViewer Server”: false,
“Full API”: false
}

Detailed description of issue
We followed the documentation as per Delete a processed file | Documentation to delete the processed file. We got the response as file deleted successfully. However, we can still access the file.

Expected behaviour
The processed file should be deleted immediately as soon as /delete is requested.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
with every request.

Link to document

Code snippet
NA

Hi Sriraman,

Thank you for contacting pdf.js express forums,

I see that from your WebViewer constructor there are a couple issues:

Could you please retry after fixing the above issues and let us know if there are additional issues.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Kevin Kim
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Thanks for pointing out the Core and UI version difference. We will refer the documentation and will fix it.

Actually, I am trying the api from Postman and I can replicate the issue I have mentioned in my original post.

api-calls-screenshots.zip (133.1 KB)

You can refer the screenshots attached.

First I am calling the merge api and the request is successful. Then I am calling the Get Api to retrieve the file. The file is retrieve successfully. Then I am calling delete request to delete that file. I am getting “File Deleted Successfully.” response. Then I am trying to get the file again. I am still getting that file. It is still not deleted, even though we have requested to delete that file.

Hi Sriraman,

This API is available for PDF.js Express Plus (Delete a processed file | Documentation)

I noticed that your WebViewer constructor was missing the license key. Can you confirm if you have the correct licence key inside the WebViewer Constructor as seen here: PDF.js Express Viewer Download & Integration | Documentation (no need to share the key here)

Best Regards,
Kevin Kim
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

@kkim Please refer my previous post. I am accessing the api via Postman application for now. We will be calling the api from server in future implementation. We were checking the security and found that the deletion is not happening as per the documentation. Thats why we are reporting.

Hi Sriraman,

Thank you for reporting the issue,

We’ve added the issue to our backlog to be worked on in the future. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

Best Regards,
Kevin Kim
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

It is a blocker issue on using your merge API for our need due to security reasons. So, our priority for this fix is critical.

Thanks