Inconsistent highlight annotations - sometimes blocking text

Which product are you using?
PPDF.js Express Plus

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
Sometimes highlights block the text, sometimes they don’t. In this screenshot you can see both happening.

Expected behaviour
{Provide a screenshot or description of the expected behaviour}

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
It seems to be inconsistent when this does happen… for another user, they see all the highlights… but this is how it looks for me.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

I should also mention, this only seems to happen for me in chrome, i just checked in firefox and all the highlights look correct.

Hi elliot,

I was able to reproduce the issue on Chrome on the demo site (PDF.js Viewer Demo | PDF.js Express)

We’ve added the issue to our backlog to be worked on in the future. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

Best Regards,
Kevin Kim
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

thanks @kkim I appreciate that. re: timeline, its going to be live for our users this week. So it is a concern for us - the sooner it can be fixed the better. It only seems to be happening for M1 macs, so hopefully won’t be a widespread broken experience.

Hi elliot,

It seems there are multiple bug-reports regarding this issue, and like you mentioned is only reproducible on M1 Mac on Chrome. We do have a ticket with Chrome for this issue.

Currently workaround is to disable hardware acceleration on Chrome:

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Kevin Kim
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

It looks like this is now fixed in Chrome.

I am closing this ticket now.