Print or Merge and Download Just Field Values without Highlighting

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Plus

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
When opening a document to edit that has required fields, they are highlighted in red. Other types of fields can have different highlighting as well like green, etc. What i’m having trouble figuring out is how to print, or merge and download (using the api) just the values from these fields without any of the highlighting.

When exporting the xfdf to pass to the api, I use the following:

const fileData = await this.docViewer.getDocument().getFileData();
const xfdf = await this.annotManager.exportAnnotations({ fields: true, widgets: true });
utils.setFile(fileData).setXFDF(xfdf)
const response  = await utils.merge();
const mergedFile = await response.getBlob();

But, like i mentioned, the resulting file contains the highlighting. When i set widgets to false, neither the fields nor the values appear on the resulting ‘mergedFile’

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
every document

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Quick correction there. When i change the exportAnnotations to { fields: true, widgets: false } the fields do show but the values for those fields do not. The only way i can show the values is to set widgets to true but then I get the highlighting as well.

Hey!

Are you able to send me the output document (or a screenshot of it) with the highlights you are talking about? I just want to make sure I am fully understanding you before finding a solution.

Thanks,
Logan