Rubber stamp behavior between v8.2.0 and 8.4.0

Hi
Thank you for your hard work in bringing us such a great software.
I’m using pdf.js Express version 8.4.0 and I’m getting a different behavior comparing to version 8.2.0.
When selecting rubber stamp tool, by default in v8.4.0, I get a rubber stamp to put in the page without selecting it from the dropdown, in the v8.2.0, I need to choose from the dropdown a stamp before and then I can put it on the document and this is the behavior that I need.

1. Is this an expected behavior or a bug?
  2. if is this normal how to get it working as it was in v8.2.0 please?

check these recording for reference

Thanks for your support.

Hello adil,

This is the expected behaviour of the tool, however I have created a task in our backlog to implement an API to enable/disable auto selection of the default stamp

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Hi @tgordon

Many thanks for taking in account my inquiry, in fact, in my app, I need to have only one rubber stamp type in a document, if present I remove this stamp from the selection dropdown, to prevent the user from putting it twice or more, keeping a default stamp selected give the user the possibility to add more than one of the last used stamp.
So giving the the possibility to enable/disable auto selection will be a good solution for my case.

Regards.

Hello adil,

As a workaround, you could listen to when the signature is placed, then deleting the signature from the list of saved signatures. This would remove the selected signature, but they wouldnt be able to place it multiple times.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Hello @tgordon
I’ll give it a try.
Thanks.