Search result not finding a word listed in a document

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Plus

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
We are having an issue with search not finding a term that is present in a document. When searching for the term diabetes it’s not finding the result.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 12.14.21 PM

However when highlighting it on page 29 I noticed that it’s got some hidden space within the word dia betes.

Are you able to confirm this is a pdf.js issue and not jsexpress? We opened the document in acrobat and it’s able to find the word correctly.

Expected behaviour
Find the term diabetes on page 29.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
So far just this one, but we’ve had multiple situations of words not displaying correctly in the viewer.

Link to document
PDF Document Link

1 Like

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hey there!

Can you please try upgrading to the latest version and see if that resolves your issue? I believe we fixed this bug in 8.2.

Let me know how it goes,

Logan

Hey Logan, I’ve upgraded to 8.2.0, however now the document will not load and I see this error: memory access out of bounds PDFJSDocumentType.js:104

Any idea why this would happen? I didn’t make any changes.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.01.01 PM

Strange, I tried again in an incognito window and it loaded fine, maybe a cache issue?

Okay so I tested it and it still doesn’t find the word diabetes on page 29.

Hey there,

This appears to be an issue with the text parsing in the core library we use (PDF.js). The text parser is returning a space in the middle of those words

We do not normally support bugs coming from PDF.js, but we can investigate when we have some time and see if we can find a fix.

Thanks!
Logan

Okay thanks Logan for your help in this.

1 Like