Some PDF report paragraphs are getting Highlight, Underline, Strikeout ,Squiggly partially

PDF.js Express Version - 8.4.0

Some PDF report’s paragraphs can’t highlight, underline, strikeout or squiggly entirely.

Lorem Ipsum border report.pdf (182.3 KB)

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi Portia,

I’ve tested this and have confirmed I am experiencing the same behaviour.

I notice that there seems to be an artifact (looks to be a grey watermark between the title and body) in the document. This might have an effect on text selection.

Is there a version of this document without the artifact?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi Zserviss,

Lorem Ipsum ladscape report.pdf (124.0 KB)
This file seems like it doesn’t have an artifact. But the same issue occurs in this file as well.

Hi Portia,

So sorry for the late response.

We’ve added the issue to our backlog to be worked on in the future. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

Looking into the file a bit deeper, it looks as if it is a converted PDF from an office document, is that correct?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

1 Like

Hi zserviss,
Yes, it is a converted PDF from a word document.

Thank you for confirming that.

As said we’re looking into the issue and will let you know when a fix is ready.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

1 Like