WebViewer not getting loaded in IE11 and Safari browsers

Hi Logan,

As per your comment on the old ticket: “However, if you can provide an error message that originates from PDF.js Express , please feel free to share it in a new thread and we can investigate further.”, I am generating new topic for my IE11 Webviewer issue.

PFA of webviewer does not loaded in IE11, and showing some “Invalid Character” Error, most probably due to the pagination numbers not loaded fully.

Please note that, The Webviewer is successfully loaded on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser., however does not loaded in IE11 and Safari browser. Also we have upgraded PDFjs Express with v.7.2.

So, If there could be a issue in my application, then it should not work in other browsers too, however it has been working fine except IE11 and Safari

Kindly advice.

Warm Regards

Hi,

The issue would be that your code is not transpiled to work in these browsers that do not support ES6 syntax. PDF.js Express is transpiled to work in these environments, and is heavily tested in these environments (as proven by the link I sent in my previous post).

Please make sure your JS is getting transpiled to work in these browsers.

Hi Logan,

I had already transpiled the code supported to IE 11 and Safari browsers, that’s the reason webviewer is getting loaded half-way, otherwise the webviewer was not even loaded half-way.

If you are ready to check and help, then let me know I can share the transpiled code.

Warm Regards

Hi,

Unfortunately, looking at transpiled code will not help much. Could you provide me a URL to to your app so I can take a look at it in IE and see where the error is coming from?

If that is not possible, can you send a screen shot of where the error message is coming from? This means clicking into the error message and actually viewing the code where the error is coming from.

Thanks,
Logan

Hi Logan,

Sure, I can provide the necessary details today, we can discuss further.
Thank you

Warm Regards

Hi Logan,

Please find the link below
https://alpha.uplevl.com/document/view/736, username: developer@uplevl.com, password: Uplevl@123

Here, Document Viewer page will be loaded with Internet Explorer/Safari supported transpiled code I have integrated, however code somehow throwing an error and that results webviewer doesn’t getting loaded on the IE/Safari.

As per your suggestion, I shared this with you, we can discuss further on the same.

Thank you so far for the support

Warm Regards
Uplevl Development Team

Hi Logan,

If you are working at the moment, then could you please confirm whether you get a chance to go through our sandbox portal I shared earlier?

Warm Regards,
Uplevl Development Team

Hey there!

I get a 503 response when navigating to the link you provided.

Sorry for the late response, I was away for the holidays!

Logan

Hi Logan,

Please check now

Warm Regards

Thanks that worked.

The viewer is getting loaded on the web page you provided, and I do not see any errors coming from Express in the console. This means that the viewer is being loaded correctly and the issue is on your end, probably related to how you are loading the document,

I see an error from the AWS SDK RangeError: Invalid Date — only in Safari and IE. My guess is that this is probably the cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Logan

Hi Logan,

Can you please share a screen shot with the Error showing on the page?

I do not see this error in browsers where the document loads correctly.

Hi Logan,

Above screenshot is quite blurry please resend
Also, Are you getting a same error in I.E too?

Hi,

The screenshot is clear on my end, I can’t get it any clearer.

I do see this error in IE11 as well.

I can confirm that the error is not coming from PDF.js Express, so I will close this issue.

If you can provide an error message originating from PDF.js Express, please open a new bug report.

Thanks!
Logan