Future of PDF:JS Express?

Hi.
I’ve been using PDF.JS Express for the last 2 years, but now I’m concerned with the lack of activity on the project. PDF.JS Express had frequent updates but the last update, version 8.7.0, is from July 2022, 1 year ago.
Not sure if the purchase from apryse was just a coincidence, but as a customer I’m starting to get concerned with the future of this project.

Is there a public roadmap for PDF.JS Express? Are new versions coming any time soon?

Thank you.

Hello user5,

We have updated PDFJS Express to version 8.7.4, for patches and changes and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

We will no longer be releasing new features or versions. If you’d like newer features such as Content Editing, Office Editing, etc. you can check out our sister product here: Apryse Documentation | Documentation

Best regards,
Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the response. Can we continue renewing our existing license without any issues?

Hello user5,

Yes, of course!

Best regards,
Tyler

Hi,

Can you give more details about how much heads up you give before releasing breaking changes or eventual discontinuation? We really heavily on your product and want to ensure that we will be adequately prepared for all eventualities.

Thank you

Hello Bitbean,

Since we are no longer providing major updates, we will most likely not have any breaking changes.

Best regards,
Tyler

Okay, thanks for that input