Include selected annotation text in prints

I wanted to know if it was possible to add in the selected text for annotations when printing the document.

Currently only the comment text displays in the print, but it would be nice if we could also include text which got highlighted / underlined etc as well.

Example:
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.52.43 AM

Hello andy,

When I underline text on the document, the comment’s text is the underlined text. Can you provide a screenshot of what is expected and clarify what you would like to be printed?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Yes so I am referring to the printed document comments not the ones that show up in the notes panel.

Example I underline some text:
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 5.53.00 PM

You can see the highlighted text in the notes panel:
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 5.53.05 PM

Print out the annotations and comments:
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 5.54.53 PM

But in the print view you don’t see the highlighted text:
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 5.52.50 PM

Hello Andy,

Thank you for clarifying! We agree this should be included with the download and we have added this to our backlog, thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Okay great, looking forward to its release in the coming versions.

Hey @tgordon, any update on when this may be implemented?

Hey Andy,

It is still in our backlog, we currently have no timeline for when it will be implemented.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron