PDF file with more than 2 pages is not showing properly in the VIEWER

Hi Logan,

PDF files having with more than 2 pages, is not showing properly in the VIEWER, PFA of the same.

If you open PDF, all the pages are showing fine however if you open in the VIEWER then you will see Page-2 showing totally blurry and unreadable.
doc1.pdf (12.3 KB)

Warm Regards

Hey there,

Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing? I cannot reproduce any of this with the document you sent.

Thanks,
Logan

PFA screen below which is showing in VIEWER, however if I open the PDF explicitly, it is showing fine.

Actual Page-2 is as below:

Hey there,

I still cannot reproduce. The PDF renders fine in PDF.js Express:

Which version of Express are you using?

I am using 7.3.8 version

Hi there,

Please do not make posts telling us to “please revert”. We will respond to your requests when we have time and when are ready to. These kind of posts do not contribute to the community and are not welcome here.

I cannot reproduce your issue in PDF.js Express 7.3.8, the document renders fine for me.

Do you have any other code you think may be affecting this? Which browser are you using? Do you have a URL you can link me to where you can reproduce?

Thanks,
Logan

Hi,
Just looking for a solution, nothing else.

Please find the credentials below, You can see the Page-2 is not showing accurately. I am sharing an original pdf file again here, so that you can compare the same.

https://alpha.uplevl.com/document/view/1016
username: developer@uplevl.com
password: Uplevl@123

doc1.pdf (12.3 KB)

Warm Regads,
Kartik

I checked in all the browsers FireFox 91.0 , Google Chrome and Edge.

The same issue is not happening if the file is having only 1 Page, you can see in the VIEWER that First page is showing fine.

Let me know in case of any more information you required.

Warm Regards,
Kartik

Hi Logan,
I may have some more information on this. We are seeing similar issues but only intermittently.
We are seeing this error in the logs pdf.worker.js:117 Warning: Could not find a preferred cmap table. This is with version 7.3.8 as well.

However it seems intermittent, I only got it in chrome, and my colleague was unable to reproduce.
It worked fine for me in Mozilla.

It seems specific to certain PDF’s though.

I will update with more information if I have any.

Thanks,
Ben

1 Like

Thanks Fuse for the more details. This is occurring intermittently however somewhere issue is there. My many of the customers raised the similar issue at their side, specially after I upgraded to new release of pdf.js express.

Warm Regards,
Kartik

Hi there,

This appears to be a regression in 7.3.8. I will investigate and get back to you.

Thanks,
Logan

Hi guys,

Just pushed 7.3.9 which fixes the issue.

Thanks!
Logan

Thanks Logan. Will push it out and let you know if we have further trouble.

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks Logan, Will let you know in case of any issues.

Warm Regards,
Kartik