PDF.JS Express Plus trial

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Plus

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
I tried to download a demo version of your product, unfortunately i can only access to PDF.js Express version but not the PDF.js Express Plus version. I would like to try out the Plus version integrated into my existing solution at least with a fillable form feature as well as the signature feature.

Expected behaviour
I would like to try out the Plus version integrated into my existing solution at least with a fillable form feature as well as the signature feature.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
{Answer here}

Link to document
{Provide a link to the document in question if possible}

Code snippet
{Provide a relevant code snippet}

Hello jackytok95,

You can install PDFJS Express Plus and load it in your application with certain limitations with: @pdftron/pdfjs-express - npm

However we do not have trial license keys for Plus

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon

Hi,

I followed this guide Integrate JavaScript PDF Library & Blazor | PDF.js Express SDK and created a new blazor web project. I tried to change the pdf to my own pdf which contain a form with several input fields, but it doesn’t seems like i have any option to interact or fill in any input in the form.

Hello jacktok95,

Can you send the document you’re testing with? or the sample project for me to try out?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon

Hi

As what i mentioned in the last comment, i downloaded the Blazor sample project from your website, i didn’t change anything else except i changed my own editable PDF which contain a form.

Is there any possibility I can talk to any customer support through a meeting? We need several input from your end before we can proceed with the purchase.

Hello jackytok95,

Can you provide the PDF file that you are mentioning?

My name is Tyler Gordon, the Platform Support Team Lead at Apryse, our typical support flow is we get as much data as we can (like the file) and try to reproduce the issue, if we cannot then we can set up a call to go over the issue!

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon