What is PDF.js Express?

PDF.js Express is a client side PDF Viewing library, wrapping the open source library PDF.js.

It adds additional functionality to PDF.js, such as annotations, form filling, a fully open sourced, customizable UI, and eSignatures.

It is easily embedded inside any web application, regardless of framework!

Try out PDF.js Express for free!

Where can we check the version of PDF.js the base library on top of which pdf express is built?

Hi there,

We using a custom fork of PDF.js that is not tied to any specific version.

Is there something you are looking for in particular?

Hi there,

Does saving of filled & signed forms require access to the PDF.js Express API or can that be done using a self-hosted component instead?

I am trying to demo this functionality in my application but I cannot figure out how to accomplish this as I don’t have access to the API. When saving files, none of the form field values or signatures are saved with them.

To answer my own question, it seems like PDF.js Express requires the Express API, and PDFTron would be needed to avoid this.

Also came to realize that I can demo the functionality using the Express Utils without a key.

Cheers,

That is correct, the REST API is required to merge annotations into the document when downloading. And yes, you can demo the rest API without a license key.