PDF Viewer React sample has error

In the demo, the text select & pan is working fine
Demo

But in in the React example, the select & pan feature is not working.
React

And I notice there is this error message whenever I’m performing any click.

1 Like

Hello @shumkapoh

Indeed, I was able to reproduce the issue. This will be fixed in the next version (8.8.0), but in the meantime, as a workaround, could you try the attached folders and let me know if this works for you?

The only thing you need to do is replace the UI and core folders inside public/webviewer/lib with these two ones attached. Please remove the old ones first before pasting the new folders in.

Archive.zip (6.9 MB)

1 Like

Is there a similar zip file with a fix for the @pdftron/pdfjs-express-viewer version? This zip file seems to be for the @pdftron/pdfjs-express version.

Can you provide a release date for v8.8.0?

Hi twidel,

Please try this build:
PDFJSExpress-view-only-8.7.0.zip

We are no longer releasing new versions of PDFJS Express, and instead are updating v8.7 with bugfixes.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Thank you @tgordon, that worked.

Any chance you can update NPM with these bugfixes?
https://www.npmjs.com/package/@pdftron/pdfjs-express-viewer still has the unpatched 8.7.0 version.

1 Like

Hello twidel,

We will update the NPM with the latest build

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon

Great, thank you @tgordon. Can you reply when NPM has been updated? Will it have a new version?

hi @tgordon , is there any ETA for updating NPM for PDFJS Express with the fixes for the mentioned issue? I’m running into the same problem.

thanks a lot

1 Like

These patched files work for me as well, thanks!. Will you be able to update the npm soon?

Hello samiam,

The npm has been updated

Best regards
Tyler