Pdfjs.express watermark does not disappear

Hi,

How can I remove the “pdfjs.express” watermark from my online application? (screenshot below)
pdfjsexpress

I have a valid license and I initialized it in the WebViewer.
code

However it is still not working. I tried using both the PDF.js Express Plus License Key and the PDF.js Express Viewer key, but none of them seems to work.

Thank you

Hi @m.curatitoli,

Are you seeing this while running express in localhost?

The watermark will persist until deployed.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi zserviss,

Thank you for the quick response.
The webapp is NOT running in localhost, it is currently deployed in the corresponding domain.

Thanks for confirming that you’re not seeing this in localhost.

Here is the guide on adding license keys for visibility: PDF.js Express Viewer Download & Integration | Documentation

Are you using a proxy server?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi Zach,
yes, just to be clear:

1. we see watermark in localhost, but it’s ok
  2. we (as in first message) configured the licence key
  3. yes, we can say that the application is served using a proxy server
    So it would be a problem?
    It’s not possible think for us to buy another licence only for this reason

Thank for clarifying, one thing I can suggest is to ensure that the hostname is being forwarded properly.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi zach,

This is the current situation:

I obtain the binary file from the webapp back-end, then I transform it to a blob, and then feed it to the Webviewer class:

The application is currently hosted in a different location from the purchased domain because it is redirected by a proxy server.

The licenses are used inside the back-end of the application (we used the client and server licenses that we purchased, and they work correctly).

What do we have to change in order to make the watermark disappear without changing the current position of the webapp?

Thanks,
Mattia

Since the license keys are attached to the domain, the license needs to be served from that domain. The solution would be ensure that the domain is being forwarded correctly to the proxy server.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Ehm, maybe it’s not clear.
Can we setup a call to talk about the problem?

With a proxy server, the host header needs to be forwarded properly for Express to recognize the correct domain the key is attached to.

Could you try to set your domain to an other one like mindsphere.io.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Thanks Zach for the suggestion, but no, it can’t be the solution.
Because our main domain is 40mat.com for all solutions.
Only for particular customers our application is hosted as application inside another service (mindsphere), and in that case requests are “proxed” by mindsphere.
And, as I said before, it’s not possible for us think to buy another licence only for those cases.
If buy another licence is unique way, we will change software, leaving pdfexpress.

But, I repeat, maybe can be more clear if we setup a call where show to you or other colleagues the situation.

Unfortunately a call is not possible.

At this point I would recommend creating Viewer keys (free) attached to different domains until the watermark is gone.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi zach,

We tried to use different license keys, both for the domain mindsphere.io and for the domain 40mat.com, but the watermark still shows.

Can you provide us an example of code where the exact location of each license is inserted?

Hi @m.curatitoli

Here is the guide for adding your license key: PDF.js Express Viewer Download & Integration | Documentation

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi zach,

I followed the guide, but the watermark shows always, no matter what viewer key I use.

Can we have a private conversation so that I can show you the exact licenses I am using?

We are quite in a hurry, and if we are not able to complete this procedure we will be forced to switch to a different software.

Hi @m.curatitoli,

Our infrastructure is not designed to work with proxy servers - we require that the license key be used on a single domain and that the requests to our authentication server come from the domain the product is being used on. We enforce this rule because our license agreement states that the product can only be used in a single application, and use of a proxy server could circumvent that.

Since our product cannot work with your infrastructure in this particular instance, we would be happy to refund you the last 2 months for a total of $880 - after the refund, you could continue to use Express as-is or you can cancel your subscription. Our records state that you have successfully been using the product for the last few months, so this seems to be a new issue with a particular implementation.

Another option is to upgrade to our OEM version of PDF.js Express which is built to work on multiple domains. To move forward with this approach please contact our sales team here.

Please let me how you would like to proceed.

Thanks!
Logan

Hi @Logan,
just to be clear: we have an express plus licence associated to .40mat.com domain.
Our application is a webapp so if we have control of domain, the address for each customer is a specific something.40mat.com.
In addiction our solution can be set up as a “runtime” application in a more complex environment (MindSphere of Siemens) in a similar concept as a mobile app in the apple store.
In this case the domain of webapp is forced to be something.mindphsere.io, even if backend is in our server.

So we tried to use a plus licence for .40mat and a viewer for .mindsphere, but as also you said, is not possibile to take out watermark.

You correctly said that in last few months the product was successfully used, yes, but on .40mat. Problem is in other domain .mindphere.

So you suggest only two solution:
a) buy another plus licence for .mindphere
b) try to switch to pdftron
correct?

Second question:
is we pass to pdftron, we will have to do a lot of changes in out implementation? or is very very similar to pdfjs.express?

Hi there,

Yes, those are the two solutions. We do not have a way to use a single license key on multiple domains.

The PDF.js Express API is the exact same as PDFTron WebViewer - switching libraries should be as simple as swapping out the library and enjoying all the new features. We actually have a guide on it here.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Thanks,
Logan

Thanks for the clear response.
And as you know, PDFTron will allow us to use our licence in double domain without duplicate costs?

Hi @m.curatitoli

This can discussed with sales, please fill out this form to get started.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.