Pdfjs.express watermark does not disappear

Hi,

How can I remove the “pdfjs.express” watermark from my online application? (screenshot below)
pdfjsexpress

I have a valid license and I initialized it in the WebViewer.
code

However it is still not working. I tried using both the PDF.js Express Plus License Key and the PDF.js Express Viewer key, but none of them seems to work.

Thank you

Hi @m.curatitoli,

Are you seeing this while running express in localhost?

The watermark will persist until deployed.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi zserviss,

Thank you for the quick response.
The webapp is NOT running in localhost, it is currently deployed in the corresponding domain.

Thanks for confirming that you’re not seeing this in localhost.

Here is the guide on adding license keys for visibility: PDF.js Express Viewer Download & Integration | Documentation

Are you using a proxy server?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi Zach,
yes, just to be clear:

1. we see watermark in localhost, but it’s ok
  2. we (as in first message) configured the licence key
  3. yes, we can say that the application is served using a proxy server
    So it would be a problem?
    It’s not possible think for us to buy another licence only for this reason

Thank for clarifying, one thing I can suggest is to ensure that the hostname is being forwarded properly.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi zach,

This is the current situation:

I obtain the binary file from the webapp back-end, then I transform it to a blob, and then feed it to the Webviewer class:

The application is currently hosted in a different location from the purchased domain because it is redirected by a proxy server.

The licenses are used inside the back-end of the application (we used the client and server licenses that we purchased, and they work correctly).

What do we have to change in order to make the watermark disappear without changing the current position of the webapp?

Thanks,
Mattia

Since the license keys are attached to the domain, the license needs to be served from that domain. The solution would be ensure that the domain is being forwarded correctly to the proxy server.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Ehm, maybe it’s not clear.
Can we setup a call to talk about the problem?

With a proxy server, the host header needs to be forwarded properly for Express to recognize the correct domain the key is attached to.

Could you try to set your domain to an other one like mindsphere.io.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Thanks Zach for the suggestion, but no, it can’t be the solution.
Because our main domain is 40mat.com for all solutions.
Only for particular customers our application is hosted as application inside another service (mindsphere), and in that case requests are “proxed” by mindsphere.
And, as I said before, it’s not possible for us think to buy another licence only for those cases.
If buy another licence is unique way, we will change software, leaving pdfexpress.

But, I repeat, maybe can be more clear if we setup a call where show to you or other colleagues the situation.

Unfortunately a call is not possible.

At this point I would recommend creating Viewer keys (free) attached to different domains until the watermark is gone.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.