WebViewer not getting loaded in IE 11

Hello Logan,

WebViewer is not getting loaded in the IE-11, I have changed my code and make it ECMA-5 supportive due to IE-11 limitations.

Please note: I am not getting any Error in the browser console.
I am using WebViewer V7.1, and I also tried with V6.3 and V5.2, to check the IE compatibility.

PFA of my entire WebViewer code and advice

Warm Regards
Webviewer_IE.zip (1.7 KB)

Hey there!

I am able to run PDF.js Express in ie11 just fine.

The issue is most likely coming from your code somewhere, or your build system isn’t transpiling for ie11 correctly.

IE11 doesn’t display error messages in the console unless you load the page with the console open, so make sure you are doing that to see the error messages.

Thanks!
Logan

Hi Logan,

I am already running the IE page with console open, however my WebViewer is not getting open in IE only.
PFA of WebViewer executed perfectly on the Chrome whereas not on IE

Warm Regards,

And moreover, You can see in the IE console that no errors are coming from my code.

Warm Regards

Hi,

So the issue is that the document is not getting loaded, not that WebViewer isn’t getting loaded (I can clearly see that WebViewer is loaded in the IE11 screeshot). Please make sure to be more specific in your issues!

We do thoroughly test PDF.js Express in IE11 before every major release, so I am quite confident that everything should work as expected. Can you make sure that your code is reaching your loadDocument call? I see that you are loading a Blob from S3, can you make sure that all that code is getting run properly?

Thanks,
Logan

Hi,

I will check surely again, Meanwhile can you please confirm the code that I shared in .zip earlier, has been fully supported in IE, or else any changes required by keeping the ECMA script in mind or in case of any other changes needed?

That kind of support will be really appreciated.

Warm Regards

Hi Logan,

Will the webviewer works for Safari too?

Warm Regards

Hi,

Yes, Express supports IE11+ and any other major browser. If there is an issue loading, it is most likely coming from your side of things. You can verify this by visiting our demo in these browsers: https://pdfjs.express/demo

Thanks!
Logan

Hi Logan,

I checked https://pdfjs.express/demo, in the IE11, however page has not been loaded.
PFA of the same.

Is webviewer supported in IE11?

Hi Logan,

I checked https://pdfjs.express/demo, in the IE11, however page has not been loaded.
PFA of the same.

Is webviewer supported in IE11?

Hi there,

I believe this actually has to do with our website and not PDF.js Express itself. We will look in to this soon.

Thanks!

Hi Logan,

Could you please share some solution on this issue, while displaying the Document in WebViewer, in the IE 11 or in Safari? Because we are facing this issue in both browsers same as I shared in screenshots above, however things are working perfectly in other browsers such as Chrome, FF, Edge etc.

Hi Logan,

Could you please share some solution on this issue, while displaying the Document in WebViewer, in the IE 11 or in Safari? Because we are facing this issue in both browsers same as I shared in screenshots above, however things are working perfectly in other browsers such as Chrome, FF, Edge etc.

Hi,

Like I mentioned, this issue is with some code in our website itself and not PDF.js Express. We heavily test PDF.js Express in every browser, including IE11, so if there is an issue loading the SDK in certain browsers, it probably is an issue with your implementation and not Express itself.

Here is a link where Express is working in IE11.

However, if you can provide an error message that originates from PDF.js Express, please feel free to share it in a new thread and we can investigate further.

Thanks!