Clickable Hyperlink in my pdf file

Hello there,

I’m using the pdf.js express viewer, and I’m wondering if perhaps there is a way I can use pdf files that have clickable hyperlinks in them. I know I’m not using a paid plan but I just need the possibility to click on the hyperlinks that are in my pdf files. At the moment I see that when I visualize my pdf the hyperlinks become just regular text, not clickable. I really like pdfjs-express, it works perfectly and I would love to use it. So again, my only request is if somehow I can get the hyperlinks on the pdf file clickable without paying a full plan.

Thank you in advance for your replay.

Lucas

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting pdf.js express forums,

From our demo page:

Express Viewer does not have an option to select text and create a link whereas the Plus version has the option to create a link.

Could you simply use our pro version of our demo to create links?

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your reply.

Thing is that I don’t need to create a link through pdf.js express but I have a pdf that already has hyperlinks in it but when I visualize it with pdf.js express that link doesn’t work anymore.

Any suggestions?

Best,
Lucas

Hi there,

When you upload that document to our demo page (viewer or plus) do the links properly show up? Is there an error in the console or anything that happens to the hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

The sample pdf in the demo with embedded link annotations aren’t clickable in the free viewer, so I assume the viewer does not support this. Would be great if this were added. Presently the pdf.js express viewer is actually inferior to the free default out of the box pdf.js viewer which does have support for clickable link annotations.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

Hi Kevin,

now it seems to work, hyperlinks embedded in my pdf are clickable on pdf.js express viewer :slight_smile:

Did you guys work on it?

Best,
Lucas

By the way, it works perfectly on desktop but is still not clickable on mobile.

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know,

As for as we know, we have not made any changes to the free express viewer.

Best regards,
Kevin Kim

@l.cetti I am getting the same problem, does it still work for you ?

@kkim the hyperlink in my file works fine in the demo Plus version, but not in the viewer version, could you help please ?

Hi there,

If those links are annotations, then they are not supported in the pdf.js express viewer version, as seen in this post here:

Note that url text within the document will work, if you have the entire url following the format of https://www.example.com

Here is an example url document:
simplelink.pdf (10.3 KB)

Best regards,
Kevin Kim