Embedded Links are not clickable

Which product are you using?

PDF.js Express Plus
PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
We are using PDF.js Express Plus trail version to test the document embedded link clickable functionality before purchasing the product. We see document embedded links are clickable for few pages after that link is not clickable.

Expected behaviour
All embedded links in pdf document need to clickable.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
Every document

Link to document
Internal documents not able to access by outside.

Code snippet
NA

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi Yavula,

Could you please provide the document that you’re experiencing this on?

Any custom code would be helpful to debug the issue as well.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi Zach Serviss,

Thanks for your reply.

Below is the actual document url which we are facing the issue in pdf viewer, embedded links are not able to clickable after 4th page.
(1-3 pages embedded links are working)

https://trustportal-nprd.cisco.com//c/dam/r/ctp/docs/privacydatasheet/collaboration/cisco-webex-calling-privacy-data-sheet.pdf

Could you please share how you are loading this document?

I notice you are using a very old version of express as well. Could you try this in the latest version? (8.7.0)

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi Zach,

Thanks for that suggestion. We will upgrade the version for pdf.js express plus that we are using. Meanwhile I’m attaching a sample document here. When viewing this document using pdf.js express plus, the embedded links in the first 5 pages are clickable but from the 6th page onward, you’re unable to click on any embedded links in the document. Could you please validate the same at your end?
We are looking to purchase this product and would like this issue to be resolved at the earliest.

Thanks,
Shruti
FINAL-2017-TCFD-Report-11052018.pdf (2.4 MB)

Hi Shruti,

I am unable to reproduce the unclickable links. Please try this out in the demo site which is running version 8.7.0.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi Zach,

We upgraded to version 8.7.0 and that resolved the issue for the most part. For one particular document, when viewed in the pdf.js express plus viewer, the first URL on the page (Cisco Secure Endpoint (Formerly AMP for Endpoints) - Cisco) is not clickable. I tried uploading this document on the demo version but was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please help debug why that one link is not working? File attached.
cisco-amp-endpoints-privacy-data-sheet-1.pdf (181.4 KB)

Thanks,
Shruti

Hi Shruti,

Glad to hear that resolved most of the issues.

I tried the document on express that was locally hosted and the link worked fine for me.

Could you send me how you are loading the document?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.