Document Page doesnt render text on IOS

I have a document that is not rendering specific pages on IOS inside PDF.js express. The pages render if I just view them on the ipad but not through the vewier.

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Plus

PDF.js Express Version
8.7.0. this issue also comes up on the demo page on this website. It does render properly using PDFTron. It only fails to render in PDF.JS Express

Detailed description of issue
On IOS some pages of a document will not render, while they will render on other devices. This is only inside PDF.js express.

Expected behaviour
For the page to render as it does on other devices.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
It happens on other documents but the one attached it happens on

Link to document
IpadPDFJSExpressIssue.pdf (379.6 KB)

Code snippet
Demo on main website page.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hi Eric,

Could you provide screen shots of the issue you’re experiencing?

Also are there any errors or warnings showing up in the console log?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Share how you are using PDF.js Express in your organization you could win a $500 Amazon gift card. All participants will receive 6 months of PDF.js Express+ for free. Learn more here

Hello.
Here is a screenshot from my laptop using the document.

Here is a screenshot from an Ipad, with the same document.

Before I redacted the text the document would just show as completely blank as it was text only.

I am unsure how to get to the console on an IPad so I cannot see if its throwing an error.

Hi Eric,

I was able to reproduce the error and have gotten the following warning in my console log that only appears on my iPad, not my computer.

Can you tell me more about the file attached?

Is it originally a word document? Scanned page? etc.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hello,

According to my client the page that does not render is originally in word, then converted to PDF. The first two pages are scanned in originally as a PDF then they are all combined into a PDF using Adobe Acrobat XI.

The document they originally sent me is longer and includes multiple pages that fail to render but I cannot send that as it contains sensitive information. All the pages that fail to render appear to be the same “type” of page where it looks like it was originally a word document.

I hope this helps.

Hi Eric,

Yes that is very helpful information. We have seen some issues with conversions from word but not with text not rendering at all.

Would it be possible to provide the first page of that document in its word form?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

WordDoc.zip (13.8 KB)
Thats the word doc and here is the PDF its being added too.
t183corp-fill-21e.pdf (212.9 KB)

Thank for that.

When I saved the word document as a PDF from Microsoft word, I was able to open it on my iPad with no rendering issues.

I would recommend creating the PDF in this way as the issue may stem from the way PDFs are created with Acrobat.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.