Error rendering pdf test

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
Hello, some pdf generated by tesseract ocr are not rendering properly on PDFjs express.

The problem is probably due to the version of pdfjs used by PDFjs express. This problem also exist in pdfjs 2.15 but is fixed using one the latest version ( tested on 3.3.78 ).

test_page1.pdf (131.0 KB)

Expected behaviour
PDF should render all pages without issues.

Hi @benjamin.rombaux,

I just tested this document on the PDFjs Express demo site and I think it was rendered correctly. Could you confirm this?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi @zserviss, I tested on my side, but it wasn’t rendered properly, at least on firefox.

But it’s partially rendered on google chrome ( the first few number are rendered properly, but not the digital signature which is missing its text ).

Interesting, I’m able to render correct on Safari, Chrome and FireFox.

I am on an M1 MacBook, what devices are you seeing this on?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

@zserviss I am on a windows 11 using Citrix virtual desktop. I’ve tried on my host machine ( standard Lenovo ), with the same results.

It may be related to the font provided by the computer ( checking off [ browser.display.use_document_fonts ] in about:config on firefox will show the text, but will disable all other fonts ).

Hi @benjamin.rombaux,

Could you try to disable the hardware acceleration on browsers to see if that fixes the issue?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

I tried, but it didn’t resolved the problem

Could you please attach your computers specs?

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Sure,

On my Citrix VM:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6248 CPU
  • 16Go Ram
  • Citrix Virtual Display adapter Chip

On my laptop:

• Intel(R) Core™ i7-10610U
  • 32 Go Ram
  • Intel R UHD Graphics

Both running on Windows 11

Great thanks for that.

I will add this item to our backlog to be work on at a later time. I will update you in this thread when a fix is ready.

Best Regards,
Zach Serviss
PDFTron Systems, Inc.