PDFJS.Express watermark appearing for some production users

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
We’ve been running pdfjs.express in production for a few months now and recently started seeing the watermark appear for at least one of our users (consistent report) but for most, operation is as expected. For this user, the watermark appears no matter what document is loaded and happens across sessions. They are using Chrome as their browser and are in the UK (connecting to our servers in the US) sometimes going through a VPN/Proxy and sometimes not.

Inspecting the auth call on this user’s box, it does return a 200 response. We haven’t asked the user to clear cache, etc. yet hoping to diagnose/fix the problem first in case it is happening/may happen for others.

Screenshot:

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
Every document

Hey there!

We had a few license key issues in version 6.X that were fixed in version 7.0.1.

Can you please try upgrading to version 7.2.0 and see if the issue still persists?

In the meantime I will check the server logs for anything suspicious.

Thanks!
Logan

Thanks very much Logan! Let us know if you find anything in the logs else we’ll try the upgrade route.

Hey there!

I don’t see anything unusual in the logs, and the server hasn’t been down at all.

Could you please try upgrading and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks!