Print feature of web viewer generating blurry files

Hello Support,

I am trying to Print from the PDFjs WebViewer however I can see quality issues in the printout and finding it very blurry.
Is that any version upgrade or any other way to improve the quality when we use PRINT option?

Warm Regards

Hello #technical-support,

Could you please revert on my above query?

Warm Regards

Hey there!

You can try this api to increate the print quality.

If this does not work for you, would you mind sending us a document that you find prints blurry?

Thank you!
Logan

Hi Logan,

I found 2 quality options: i) Normal and ii) High and so I tried to change High Quality option, while printing the document, however the quality is same blurry.

We tried PRINT by Save PDF and by Printing the hardcopy, however in both cases the quality is very poor quality as compared to our original document.
Please note that, it’s not the case for any specific file.

PFA of original file and print-download file and we already checked by using setPrintQuality(2), however not improved at all.

original.pdf (202.8 KB) print-download.pdf (91.3 KB)

Warm Regards

Hey there,

We will take a look and see if we can improve this. This issue probably is being caused by the rendering engine we are using (PDF.js), which we do not support, but there may be an API we are unaware of to improve this.

I’ll keep you posed on our findings.

Thanks!
Logan

Hi Logan,

Thank you, Actually we are expecting some permanent and solid solution.
Apart from that, Kindly try to response as quick as possible on this issue because we already raised the ticket before 2 days and today we got the reply on this ticket and even on our other ticket WebViewer not getting loaded in IE 11 too.

Warm Regards

We will do our best to fix it up! I can reproduce your issue with the documents you provided us, which is good.

Hopefully we will be able to have a fix in the next patch.

Hi Logan,

Thank you for the update, I hope your next patch will be applied in this week itself, as our customers are facing some serious issues while printing their invoices, by using this PRINT feature even by setting High Quality set.
Hope you will understand and sort it out asap.

Hi Logan,

Can we have some solution on the Print Document quality issue? If not then, approximately by when we can get it resolved?

Warm Regards

Hi,

As with any software product, we do not have a daily release cycle, so we cannot push out a patch within a day.

We need time to evaluate the problem and find a good solution. We also have other bugs and features we are working on that may or may not be higher priority.

As of right now, I can not give you a timeline for a fix. However, I can assure you that we will do our best to fix this issue in a future release.

Thanks!
Logan

Hi Logan,

Ok sure, Please let me know as soon as it gets solved, because our live customers are facing an PRINT quality issues, in their day-to-day work life.

Warm Regards.

1 Like

Hi @developer

We found a solution for this problem and will be releasing a patch today.

Keep an eye out in #announcements for an announcement when it’s released.

Thanks for your patience!

Logan

Hi Logan,

Thank you, I am updating at my side and will revert back to you.

Warm Regards,

Hi Logan,

After updating the PDF.js Express version to the 7.2.1, PRINT document quality has improved by setting the option “High Quality”

Thank you.

Warm Regards