Hyperlinks not being detected in pdf.js viewer

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Viewer

PDF.js Express Version

Detailed description of issue
When a pdf is viewed in the pdf.js express viewer, hyperlinks or embedded links in the pdf are not clickable. If the same file is opened in acrobat viewer or the browser, clicking on a hyperlink in the pdf opens the corresponding web page in a browser window.

Expected behaviour
Clicking on a hyperlink in the pdf should open the URL in a browser window.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
All documents

Link to document

Code snippet
{Provide a relevant code snippet}

1 Like

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello Shruti,

Looking at the document there are no annotations present. Have you imported them or merged the XFDF with the document? See: Importing and exporting annotations | Documentation

If you could also provide the document here for testing, that would help!

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Hello,

I just want to add that I have the exact same problem. I have some PDF with Table of Contents and also Annotations with internal links.
None of the Links work in PDF.js Express Viewer for vue.js. Also Annotation Comments don’t open, but are shown.

Is it possible that the Express Viewer (not Plus) doesn’t have this abilities (anymore)?

Thanks
Thomas

Hello,

Links are annotations, which are not supported in the PDFJS Express Viewer, if you switch between Viewer and Plus you can see the Link annotations are working in the Plus version:

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

Hi,
we only need the functionality of navigating through a pdf using internal links and nothing else of the plus version. Is it possible to have a discount to only enable navigation via links in a pdf?

Hi Maximillian.beck,

Unfortunately, we cannot, since Links are annotations and the Viewer version does not support annotations at all.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon

@tgordon It’s really unfortunate to have less feature than the original pdf.js, most of us went with pdfjs.express to have pdf.js with nice design, but we end up trapped with a new limits !