Is it possible to disable the 'create links from URLs' behaviour in PDF.js Express Viewer?

Which product are you using?
PDF.js Express Viewer

PDF.js Express Version
@pdftron/pdfjs-express-viewer: 8.1.1

Detailed description of issue
FYI - This happens in the ‘full Adobe Acrobat Pro DC’ client unless Preferences > General > Create links from URLs is disabled.

When displaying a text container with a string of text that looks like a URL (e.g. www.google.com) the viewer is turning that text into a clickable link.

We’d like to disable this behaviour if possible, as we want to include the information but not provide a clickable link to a third party website.

Desired behaviour
Text strings that are also URLs are not rendered as clickable links and are rendered as plain text.

Does your issue happen with every document, or just one?
Every document

Link to document
Behind paywall I’m afraid

Code snippet
I don’t think any code is required, if you add the text www.google.com to a PDF and view it through PDF.js Express Viewer, it will be displayed as a clickable link.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hey there and happy new years! Sorry for the long delay - most the team was on vacation for the holidays.

You can disable automatic linking with this api.

Thanks!
Logan